Thursday 5 May 2011

Thursday Thursday


So. . .living with Angel. . .well its messy. I'm messy, she is messy, we're both messy. So yeah its normally messy. 
Yesterday i came home from work to Angel sitting in this beautiful spot in the living room, surrounded by a completely spotless room.

Wow, those bay windows. :)

(and yes that is my grubby car in the background!)


It made me notice things even more, like a chair that we had rescued from someones front garden when it looked like this.

(yes that is me. . .and yes that is a glass of wine, whist walking down the road with a chair. . .don't judge me)


It now looks like this. It wasn't a quick job, spraying an old decaying wicker chair red. . .well it took several base coats, and several red coats, and even then on the underside it looks a bit patchy.

(you can see its slowly falling apart at the bottom, one day i'll sit on it and it will break. . . but until that day i love it!)


Even the tree was free of dead leaves.


And these shells free of dust. 



What a good day! :)

7 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

Simple joys. I love the glorious touches of red in your world.
May your Thursday be joy-filled ! Cheers !

Dawn Elliott said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your post! From refurbishing the now red chair to the glass of wine that I didn't judge you for, to the dustless shells and spruced up tree...what a joy!

Meri said...

Isn't it amazing how much clarity and joy you feel when your space is clean, comfy, and uncluttered? And bringing home a guest while sipping a glass of wine (even if the guest is a bit shabby and needs a makeover) -- well, who wouldn't love that?

Noelle Clearwater said...

Your space is beautiful and your chair is the most charming shade of red that I have ever seen VERY POWERFUL COLOR. I was an English teacher in community college for years here in the States of course. I love what you are doing. I love the shells and the plant. It is all lovely and I am sure that you will make it perfectly.
Enjoy your HOME.
Noelle

rebecca said...

jOY
is
born
in
caring.

thank you for sharing yours.

artbrat said...

Hi Dani-thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment. I am a state of absolute jealousy because of your luscious window seat. I have always wanted one, and the colors you've got on yours are so invitint. I just want to crawl up there, curl in a ball and take a nap. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics!
-Brandy

tami said...

such joy in re-newing a used piece! Love the red. . . I recently rescued two old yard chairs and converted them to planter holders. Love this!